Stacking Tower in Pastel Earth by Raduga Grez
Often children memorize how to assemble a stacking tower thanks to colors, not the size of discs. This tower will teach sizes, the colors will merely help. It’s much more interesting to play this way!
How to play
- string the discs on a twine or a ribbon
- build figures on a flat surface, for example a caterpillar or a snowman
- imagine that the circles of the tower are stars (the way we see them from the Earth). Some seem closer and bigger, others are farther. Build constellations (existing or imaginary) with them.
- set wheels in motion. Which will roll further? Along which surface? Upwards, straight or downwards?
- roll discs down the inclined surface
- assemble a pyramid in a top-down or a random way